Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Filling out a survey before sending it

• Melarrco_37703
  • Melarrco_37703's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
9 years 11 months ago #107318 by Melarrco_37703
Filling out a survey before sending it was created by Melarrco_37703
Hi,

a while back I posted a topic about prefilling surveys. I got the tip to use tokens, which I now am.

I still don't know how to fill out part of a survey before sending it to my customer. I'll explain how I am doing it now and how I would like it do be done.

Now, I create a new token entry for John Smith. After I generate a token for John Smith I click on the "Do survey" cogwheel. I then fill in the part of the survey that I know (which is stuff like the name of the consultant John hired and what type of work my consultant did for John). When I'm done filling out that information I click on "Resume later". This sends an email to John Smith telling him he saved a survey and a link if he wishe to continue it (this is not something I want).

I do this to spare my customer John from being forced to fill in this information, and thus saving him time.

What I would like to be able to do is just somehow be able to fill in this information in the survey without my customer noticing it in some way. The only thing I want him to see is my invitation email with the link to the survey and when he clicks it he is shown the welcome screen and when he clicks next he can see that some information is already filled in. That was he know which consultant I want an evaluation on (sometimes the company has more than one consultant with the same customer).

I'm using version 2.05+ Build 140320

The company I'm working for is willing to donate a good amount of money if this gets solved.

Thanks in advance
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 11 months ago #107322 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Filling out a survey before sending it
Hi,

Better use Expression Manager in default value. And here it's easy.

1st : Add 2 attribute to you token table
2nd when you import your token table : Put the 3 information in column for attribute (export the token table before importing it to have the header name.
3rd: use {TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} and so for default value : manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Sh...alues_.28defaults.29

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melarrco_37703
More
9 years 11 months ago #107349 by mascarpone
Replied by mascarpone on topic Filling out a survey before sending it
As an addition, note that this also works (beautifully :) ) if you need to insert token-based information into the "survey text elements" such as description, welcome message, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melarrco_37703
  • Melarrco_37703
  • Melarrco_37703's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
9 years 11 months ago #107350 by Melarrco_37703
Replied by Melarrco_37703 on topic Filling out a survey before sending it
Hi again,

I've been fiddling some with it since yesterday and it works perfectly. This is just how we wanted it to work. Thanks a lot for the info and the help!

This is an awesome project that we gladly support!
More
9 years 11 months ago #107351 by mascarpone
Hmmm, an additonal question along those lines:

Is there a way to use the other tags available in the invitation/reminders/etc. in the "survey text elements", such as {ADMINEMAIL}, {ADMINEMAIL}, etc.?

As such they are not interprated,

Merci!
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 11 months ago #107371 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Filling out a survey before sending it
Hi,

No, not actually ..

Tou can use some Equation question type, hidden and put needed information inside. After you can use Expression manager in other question text (or group text).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
9 years 11 months ago #107382 by mascarpone
Ok thanks Denis for the quick feedback - would have been nice but not essential. Can easily work around that ;)

Merci!

Mas

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose