Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Formatted expiration date in invitation/reminder emails?

• rmenezes
  • rmenezes's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105433 by rmenezes
Greetings.

I'd like to send invitation/reminder emails with the surveys expiration date. If I use the {EXPIRY} placeholder it works - but it displays a plain date string (e.g. '2014-03-31 00:00:00'). Not too friendly. I tried to EM-ify it by using something like:

{date('j de F',time(strtotime(EXPIRY)))}

But it didn't work. Any ideas? TIA.

Peace.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #105448 by tpartner
Well, it seems you've found a bug. The date() function works in questions but not in email templates. I've submitted a report - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8752 .

Additionally, you will need to escape a couple of characters in your expression as they are date formats:
Code:
{date('j \d\e F', strtotime(EXPIRY))}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmenezes
  • rmenezes
  • rmenezes's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #105510 by rmenezes

tpartner wrote: Well, it seems you've found a bug. The date() function works in questions but not in email templates. I've submitted a report - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8752 .

Additionally, you will need to escape a couple of characters in your expression as they are date formats:

Code:
{date('j \d\e F', strtotime(EXPIRY))}

All right. Let the old swatter have some action then. Thanks for the character escaping hint.

Peace.
More
8 years 1 month ago #130329 by saltheart
I tried following your advice to include a formatted EXPIRY date in the Reminder email template. This works:

{date('l\, F j\, Y',strtotime('2016-01-28'))}

But this does NOT work:

{date('l\, F j\, Y',strtotime(EXPIRY))}

In fact, I can't even get this to work: {strtotime(EXPIRY)}, although if I "Validate expression in Reminder" it is able to show me the value of EXPIRY. Is there something else I must do to get it to evaluate EXPIRY in the expression?
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 month ago #130375 by tpartner
I have tested {date('l\, F j\, Y',strtotime(EXPIRY))} in reminder emails in latest version of LimeSurvey 2.06 - it works fine.

(Please do not cross-post - you aren't going to get any better answers.)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose