Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Question type - picking one of two possible options - again and again

More
10 years 1 month ago #104816 by mvdct
Hi Limesurvey,

I'm trying create a questionnaire where participants have to pick between one of two options. So for question 1, they have to either pick description one or description two. For question 2, again, they have to pick either description one or description two. (If that doesn't make sense, check out the attached image).

Ideally, I'd like to set it up as something like an array (like the questionnaire at the top of the attached image) - but I can't seem to find an option to make it work that way. I can't find a way to set up a second option.

However, I think I can make it work as a "list radio" question. (This will probably look more like the questionnaire at the bottom of the attached image). This will take up more room, and not be as neat - but I think it will work.

Can you let me know if you can think of any other way of creating this questionnaire in limesurvey aside from using the List radio option?

Best,
Miles

Is there anyway, I can
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #104837 by tpartner
If you want that layout, you will need to use JavaScript/jQuery to manipulate 3 radio questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mvdct
  • holch
More
10 years 1 month ago #104844 by holch
Hmmm, you might be able to work with the array question and the semantic differential option with just 2 scale options. Have a look:
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array

The only difference to your example would be, that the radio buttons would be in the middle between the two texts, but I don't think that this would be a big problem.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mvdct
More
10 years 1 month ago #104863 by mvdct
As ever Holch, thanks.
I think you're right. I think the Semantic Differential will work.
I thought there was something, but I'd lost track of it. And of course this option doesn't show up as a question type on the main menu as its an advanced option.
Really useful. Thanks again.
  • holch
More
10 years 1 month ago #104869 by holch
Sometimes others see things we don't.

The cleanest solution (if you need it exaclty as displayed) would be of course the Javascript solution that Tpartner suggested. However, I think in your case you probably don't need to go the Javascript path and the semantic differential is a quick solution without having to hassle with Javascript (that is me, not knowing much about Javascript, Tpartner probably solves something like this quicker than I could set up the semantic differntial question).

Good that I could be of help.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose