Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Completing part of a survey using Data Entry.

• Melarrco_37703
  • Melarrco_37703's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #104747 by Melarrco_37703
Completing part of a survey using Data Entry. was created by Melarrco_37703
Hello,

I'm setting up limesurvey for a consulting company and I'm looking to "prefill" some answers in a survey which will concern customer research. Now in order to make the survey as easy as possible to complete in order to get high reply rates, I'd like to fill in information such as name of the consult, project number, name of contact person etc.

I've found that the Data Entry screen seems to enable this "feature" by filling in some answers, checking the box "save for further completion by survey user" and entering the respondent information.

The problem is that the email that goes out to the respondent contains a faulty link and it looks like this:

I've tried adding the "/index.php?sid=425522&loadall=reload&scid=8&lang=sv&loadname=oscar&loadpass=123" link to our limesurvey url but it just shows the limesurvey startscreen.

How do I fix this?

Also, is there a way to edit the email template for this "non-completed survey" email.

Thanks in advance
Oscar

I'm using Limesurvey V2.05+ Build 140204
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Melarrco_37703. Reason: Typos
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #104757 by holch
There is an approach that is much easier for what you want to do: tokens.

When you use tokens you can upload a token list with custom variables. You prepare a csv file with the necessary data and upload it. Then when you send an email to them, the information is already there in Limesurvey and can even be piped from the token table to the survey (for example to greet the person by name or show a summary of the consulting job with the project number, etc).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by holch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melarrco_37703
  • holch
More
10 years 2 months ago #104758 by holch
However, the problem that you are describing seems to be a bug, so maybe you can open up a bug report?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Melarrco_37703
  • Melarrco_37703's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
10 years 2 months ago #104761 by Melarrco_37703
Replied by Melarrco_37703 on topic Completing part of a survey using Data Entry.
Ok thanks, I'll look into tokens.

I'll make a bug report right now!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose