Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.

More
4 years 11 months ago #102629 by tom1969
tom1969 created the topic: Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.
Is there a way to import data from a database and assign it to certain questions much like you can pipe information from previous answers to current question??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #102634 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.
There are different ways. You could include it into the token table as a custom attribute. Or you add it to the survey url and read it into a hidden text field.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 11 months ago #102644 by tom1969
tom1969 replied the topic: Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.
I didn't fully explain sorry.. Lets say I have 500 records with various data for each client I want to take the survey. Is there any way to iterate through my client list and load a new client every time the survey launches. I need specific information piped in for each. I am trying to do surveys over the phone using call center operators. We currently have a very outdated system and are looking to implement a web based solution.

More
4 years 11 months ago #102650 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can I pipe data into the survey from my database.
As I said, you could pipe it in via the URL, but you will need a script that will serve the different links with the token included.

There is a software called Quexs which is a CATI software that integrates a slightly outdated Limesurvey version. You might want to have a look at that.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: tom1969

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!