Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Knowing the random-order... order

• iosononando
  • iosononando's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #101842 by iosononando
Knowing the random-order... order was created by iosononando
Hi everybody!
I'm trying to set a survey in which I ask people to look at 4 videos (one per page), give some feedback for each video (same page) and then, at the end of the survey, say which one they liked the most. The videos need to be shown in a random order. So, the question is: is there a way to store the order in which videos were (randomly) shown?

I need to know the order in which the videos were randomly shown because, if they say they liked the third video the most, there is no way for me of knowing if the third one they saw is actually the 1st, or 2nd, 3rd of 4th.

To make things more complicated, I have 4 different sets of 4 videos to show randomly (meaning that each participant will be shown only 1 set of 4 videos). Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!!!
Hernando
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 months ago #101850 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Knowing the random-order... order
You could put a hidden equation question in each group and store a timestamp with the date() function - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Implemented_Functions

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • iosononando
  • iosononando's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #101919 by iosononando
Replied by iosononando on topic Knowing the random-order... order
Hi Tony,
thanks a lot for the quick reply! I'll give it a try and let you know if I run into other difficulties with this solution.
Cheers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #139943 by polarbearcv
Replied by polarbearcv on topic Knowing the random-order... order
Add a Equation question to each group and fill this with the sequential number of the group for the current question.
For example {questionName.gseq}
This will store the order in the database in which the groups were shown to the user.
see manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose