Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Remote control API, how to get list_participants extended attributes

• aukevann
  • aukevann's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #101806 by aukevann
Hi,

In the description of the remote control API it mentions that with the last parameter I can get an array with extended attributes:

"aAttributes(bool|array) An array of extended attributes that can be requested, besides the default ones (default value to false)"

I can't get this to work, what parameter do I use in the Remote Control call and how do I access the results?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Auke
The topic has been locked.
  • aukevann
  • aukevann's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #101890 by aukevann
Is there anybody that can help with this?

I did find a work around, using the get_participant_properties. But it is very slow, I have to loop through the list of participants, each time making a RPC call.

Regards,
Auke
More
10 years 1 month ago #105209 by depressedLink
This is also my question. Iterating in every single token with get_participant_properties is not a solution...
nobody here can explain a little more?
Regards
depressedLink from depressedHyrule

aukevann wrote: Is there anybody that can help with this?

I did find a work around, using the get_participant_properties. But it is very slow, I have to loop through the list of participants, each time making a RPC call.

Regards,
Auke

More
10 years 1 month ago #105225 by depressedLink
at the end i got it,after a week of tries.
this string worked for me:

Code:
{\"method\": \"list_participants\", \"params\": {\"sSessionKey \": <sessionKey>, \"iSurveyID \": \"<iSurveyID>\",\"iStart\": \"0\", \"iLimit\": \"1000\", \"bUnused  \":\"false\", \"aAttributes \": [\"attribute_1\",\"attribute_2\"]}, \"id\": <magicNumber>}"

where you have to edit <sessionKey>,<iSurveyID>,<magicNumber> with your own values.

Before adding/removing parameters from this string, try it as it is, because you can have troubles, for example, if you set iLimit but not iStart.

regards
not-so-depressedLink

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose