Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey URL generated without special characters such as ? and & and =

More
10 years 3 months ago #101774 by rylee
Was hoping someone could give us some info on how we can have the tool generate a given URL for a newly created survey which doe NOT have the special characters in it, as this is giving us some issues both with storing the URL in a DB among other issues..

Any help would be great!

BTW - truly an excellent , intuitive, and very capable tool you guys have produced - Hats Off!

Thanks and Regards,

Ryan
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 3 months ago #101783 by maxzomborszki
Which version of LimeSurvey are you using?

Prior to upgrading to 2.0 I used a .htaccess-file to let Apaches ModRewrite rewrite the URLs for our installation. The .htaccess-file was supplied in the LimeSurvey distribution at the time.

As of 2.0 I don't use it any more since the URLs for the surveys don't pass parameters in the same way, so the answer depends on which version you are running.

Hope this helps you a bit along the way.

/Max
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 3 months ago #101789 by DenisChenu
Hi,

Look at application/config/config.php file for urlmanager
and replace by:
Code:
'urlManager' => array(
      'urlFormat' => 'path',
      'rules' => require('routes.php'),
      'showScriptName' => false,
    ),
BUT if LimeSurvey choose 'urlFormat' => 'get', maybe you don't have urlrewriting in your serevr, the LS can use rewriting and need 'urlFormat' => 'get',

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose