Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Print survey BEFORE completion?

• Dharma
  • Dharma's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #100848 by Dharma
Print survey BEFORE completion? was created by Dharma
There seems to be only one Print-button: in the screen after you hit the Submit button.
However, we must be able to print the complete survey (WITH the partially entered answers) before submitting.
Is this possible? Some sort of print-button on every page?
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #100858 by w0928
Replied by w0928 on topic Print survey BEFORE completion?
I had to do something similar. I don't know if you can print on every page but what I did was to create a new section at the end and have a text display question that uses expressions to show the questions and answers from the survey.

For example, assume you had a drop-down style question with a code of Q_1_1 in your survey...to show the answer to this question at the end you would put this in the text area of your text display question in the final section.
Code:
<table style="width:100%">
{if(is_empty(trim(Q_1_1.relevanceStatus)),'','<tr><td class="{if(is_empty(trim(Q_1_1.NAOK)),"unanswered_question","answered_question")}">{Q_1_1.question}</td></tr><tr><td class="{if(is_empty(trim(Q_1_1.NAOK)),"non_answer","answer")}">{if(is_empty(trim(Q_1_1.NAOK)),"NO ANSWER",Q_1_1.shown)}</td></tr>')}
</table>

In the example above, I use css to style questions that haven't been answered differently from ones that have been answered.

For more examples, look up the expression manager on the wiki.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by w0928.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dharma
  • Dharma
  • Dharma's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #100964 by Dharma
Replied by Dharma on topic Print survey BEFORE completion?
Thanks! :) That will do the trick. However, a lot of work.
I've read about functions that should do this, but they are in development... :(

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose