Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Refuse/No Response Option

• jlwood
  • jlwood's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #100645 by jlwood
Refuse/No Response Option was created by jlwood
I'm in the middle of tweaking the qanda_helper.php file (it's going OK) but wondered if there's a better way to do what I need. I need to provide a "Refused/No response" option for a number of list_radio and array type questions. the options must
1) always appear last,
2) set a value in the data (I'm hard coding 999 for the moment) and,
3) must be able to be styled differently.

To meet my needs I'm using the "no answer" option and changing it's behavior some, But is there another way?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by jlwood.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 5 months ago #100653 by mfaber
Replied by mfaber on topic Refuse/No Response Option
Not sure if I understand, but can't you just add another answer category "Refused/No response" with value 999 in Limesurvey?
  • jlwood
  • jlwood's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #100659 by jlwood
Replied by jlwood on topic Refuse/No Response Option
Thanks for responding,
I wish it were so easy, but the "REFUSE" option must appear last on each item, and I have serveral questions that include an "Other (specify)" option which LimeSurvey lists after the closed-ended choices. Also, there's no facility for adding a class to the <li> element for a regular answer choice. The "Refuse" options in my survey will be styled quite differently, and spaced apart from the other choices, so that it's available, but not encouraged. I'll also need to find a way to add it to a couple of Numeric and Long Text questions, but one bridge at a time.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose