Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Advanced Statistic

• naburo
  • naburo's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #99843 by naburo
Advanced Statistic was created by naburo
Hi,

I built a survey where students at our faculty can evaluate the teaching. In the survey I have two questions with select-fields. Each question has the same answer-options (the user is asked for the two subjects he studied, so e.g. he answers in question 1 english and question 2 maths ore vice versa).

When creating the statistics for the survey I'm able to select answer-sets according to subjects, so i get all the answers for students who studied math in 1st subject and greek in 2nd subject.

Is there any way to filter the answer-sets like "where subject1 is english OR subject2 is english", so that I get all the answers from students who studied english??

By now I just found out how to filter the answer-sets where either subject1 is english, subject2 is english or both are english (wich results in 0 answer-sets as this not a combination anyone gives).

I hope there is someone who understands my problem and is probably able to help me. :)

Thanks for your help in advance :)

The server is running Version 2.00+ Build 130406.Sadly I'm not Super-Admin but just a survey admin.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by naburo.
The topic has been locked.
  • mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 6 months ago #99850 by mdekker
Replied by mdekker on topic Advanced Statistic
LimeSurvey is primarily intended for collecting the data. On top of that it offers basic filtering / reporting for quick insights but when you want a little more then that you need to export the data to your favorite program (excel, spss, r etc.) and analyze it there.

---
Menno Dekker
The following user(s) said Thank You: naburo
  • naburo
  • naburo's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #99864 by naburo
Replied by naburo on topic Advanced Statistic
Hey Menno,

thanks for your reply :)

I thought, maybe there is a way to solve the problem with another question type?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose