Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Scan Printed Survey's Back into Database and get a User ID from another location

• greenrun99
  • greenrun99's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #98004 by greenrun99
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for looking at my topic I have 2 questions.

1. I was reading you can print out paper survey's from LimeSurvey, but can you then scan those back into the database so they become electronic using document scanners?

2. Also when people login or enter some sort of information to fill out the survey to identify them, can this be read from another database (on a different server) instead of the LimeSurvey entered information?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 8 months ago #98008 by holch
Hi!

I didn't understand point 2 really, so no answer from me here.

For point 1: Limesurvey can't read in the scanned questionnaires. You would need to do this by data entry. However, there is a software suite called QueX built on top of Limesurvey for some parts of it: quexs.sourceforge.net/node/14

Have a look at QueFX, this might be what you are looking for. However, I have tried it quickly some time ago and didn't really manage to use it immediately, so expect some time to get this running. Maybe this has changed or I did something wrong, but just thought I'll let you know.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
10 years 8 months ago #98015 by DenisChenu
And for point 2:

- manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API

Or : do some PHP/SQL script yourself.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose