Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

A newbie with a simple question and who can't find answer in the docs

• gEjT6NcXl
  • gEjT6NcXl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #97908 by gEjT6NcXl
As a very raw newbie, who has just read (probably) the entire support forum plus manual, I can't find the answer to one obvious question: can I set up a survey for example asking about things that need doing in my town and have people from different estates complete the survey by using a different username and password for each estate? That is, one survey, which has 100 username and password combinations but where each username and password combination can be used multiple times by different people i.e. it's a way of collecting data under headings-I would need to be able to extract the data by filtering according to the username/password combination.

Thank you for your help!

Jim
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 8 months ago #98182 by crafter
There is no quick answer to your situation.

I would suggest having a username password as a seperate prologue to the survey, Then after authenticating the user, redirect the user to the survey, passing the usermame as a variable (the password may be inconsequantial at this point) into the survey.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 8 months ago #98191 by DenisChenu
Hello,

You can set USe left to 10 0000 for each token.

manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#Editing.2Fadding_a_token

Or use "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" with an anonymous survey.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose