Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to rank 'only' those items/answers that have been selected

• spessex
  • spessex's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #97735 by spessex
I know there is a ranking question type, but is it possible to rank only those items/answers that have been selected?

For example, let's say we have a question that asks the respondent to select their favourite food from a list of 10 food types. Say the respondent selects 6 food types we would then want them to rank those food types in order of preference (presumably in the next question?). Similarly another respondent might only select 3 food types (which could be different) and again these 3 food types would then need to be ranked in order of importance.

You might be asking well why not just show all the food types and tell them to select and rank only those they are interested in but 1) I'm not sure if this is even possible and 2) it would taint the research as most people would not do this and would in fact select food types that they were not interested in but put them in a low ranking.

Hope someone can advise? :unsure:

Stephen
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 8 months ago #97756 by DenisChenu
Did you read the manual ?

Array filter (array_filter)
?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spessex
More
10 years 8 months ago #97812 by first
Yup array filter will work fine for u..

Survey Designer and Programmer

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose