Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

The best way to use LimeSurvey for selection of available dates and times...

• kettner
  • kettner's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #97668 by kettner
Hello,

I am just looking for the best solution how to set up a survey for the following situation:

1) The survey serves for selection of available dates and times for personal consultations by individual respondents
2) There are several dates given, for example - 10/7/2013 ; 16/7/2013 ; 18/8/2013 etc.
3) For each available day, there are several time slots given, e.g.: 9:00 - 10:00; 10:00 - 11:00; 11:00 - 12:00
4) Now we need to make only one specific timeslot available (specific given date and time) only untill it is selected by only one person. In other words, once a specific date and time is already selected by a respondent, then it should be marked as "occupied" or even hiden as an option for anothre respondent.

I was thinking about a combination of quotas and conditions, however, I am not sure how to ensure that once the date and time is already selected by any respondent, then it is not displayed to another one. It implies also checking database for previous responses.
Is this somehow solvable with LimeSurvey?

Many thanks for any hints!
Vít
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 8 months ago #97675 by DenisChenu
Hello,

Not directly, i have already worked on such system " a Pre quota system. But hard to have a "Gloabl system" cool for all user.

Here : you can do some ajax request, not so difficult, but not included.

Maybe such system can be included in 2.05 or 2.1 Plugin.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • kettner
  • kettner's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #97677 by kettner
Thank you Denis, in fact it is a kind of a simple booking tool via a survey. I will try using Ajax / Javascript to solve it somehow when I have more time.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose