Exclusive option stopped working

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #97173 by JEfromCanada
JEfromCanada created the topic: Exclusive option stopped working
I have a survey that is still under development. Today, I had a design session with the client. I was showing him the survey so far, and doing some "live edits" to the survey.

During the edit session, there were several changes made to various questions. Some array questions were changed to array by column, and then back again... lots of editing...

At some point, a working question that used the EXCLUSIVE option (i.e. none of the above) stopped working! I checked the advanced tab and verified that everything looks as it should (the correct selection appeared in the EXCLUSIVE prompt, and the style was set to "Disable"...) just as several other EXCLUSIVE option questions that are still working properly.

So, my question is this: what might cause some exclusive choice questions not to work anymore, while others still do? Is this a known bug, or a result of my strange and lengthy edit session?


Edit:

There comes a point in the survey where all EXCLUSIVE OPTION questions beyond a certain point stop working! In fact, I am seeing that the Relevance calculation stops working at about the same point in the survey.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by JEfromCanada. Reason: Further observations

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #97187 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Exclusive option stopped working
Sounds like a JavaScript error.

Did you introduce any new JS?

Are there any errors listed in the console?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEfromCanada

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #97215 by JEfromCanada
JEfromCanada replied the topic: Exclusive option stopped working
I found the error eventually, but by that time, I was too tired to get back on the forum. The cause was a syntax error in a couple of my relevance equations. With changing question types and question orders, etc., I seem to have messed up some of the equations. I hadn't noticed because those incorrect questions were further down in the survey; but for some reason, things didn't work correctly until those errors were corrected.

All is back to normal, and I'm a happy camper again.

Thanks for your response.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now