Filtering answer items and questionnaire issues

More
4 years 2 months ago #96436 by salvus82
salvus82 created the topic: Filtering answer items and questionnaire issues
Hi everybody,

a survey is starting on Monday and I'm in big trouble. I'm working on a huge questionnaire and probably I won't make it. I'll explain it to you.

PROBLEM #1

I'll try and summarize the first problem: I have a single response question, call it Q1, with two answer items, call 'em A and B. Then I have Q2 with four items: W, X, Y and Z. Is there a way (I think by using Javascript), to filter Q2 items depending on answer to Q1?

So that: if Q1=1 then show only W and X
if Q1=2 then show only Y and Z

I know I can do it by splitting Q2 in two questions (Q2_1 with W and X and Q2_2 with Y and Z items, but remember I'm just summarizing the problem: I have tons of items and tons of possible combinations :laugh: )

PROBLEM #2

Meanwhile, I managed to get the first part of my questionnaire. I tested it, but one group isn't working properly: I answer to all the questions, then I push Forward (or Next, I'm from Italy I don't know how it's written in the English version :) ) but...what the heck! It says that I didn't answer to all the questions!? I go back and check from the beginning and I find that some mandatory questions, though all the conditions are verified, HAVE BEEN SKIPPED and only by pushing next they're appearing :blink:

How can I fix these issues?

Thank you very much, bye bye,

Salvo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now