Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Drop Incomplete Survey during Manual Compiling

More
3 years 8 months ago #95569 by ArzArz
Hi everybody!

I have a little problem...
I have a survey that an operator manually compile inserting the answers.

But, when he wait too much on clicking on the confirm button (4-5 minutes) or when he simply close the browser tab without compiling he find an incomplete survey in the submitted answers.

I do not want that this happen, not confirmed survey should not be saved if too much time passed or even if the operator close the tab of his browser.

How could I fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #95573 by holch
I am not quite sure if I got you right (not sure what manually compiling means for example).

But as soon as the respondent passes on to another page of Limesurvey the responses so far a saved in the database and thus if the respondent doesn't continue, it is registered as an incomplete answer.

I don't see any chance to change this without major custom coding.

But I think you can delete the incomplete answers from the UI from time to time or just display completed answers.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 years 8 months ago #95586 by ArzArz

holch wrote: I am not quite sure if I got you right (not sure what manually compiling means for example).

But as soon as the respondent passes on to another page of Limesurvey the responses so far a saved in the database and thus if the respondent doesn't continue, it is registered as an incomplete answer.

I don't see any chance to change this without major custom coding.

But I think you can delete the incomplete answers from the UI from time to time or just display completed answers.

Yeah, but what if I have only a page? In my case limesurvey always save a totally blank interview, completely useless in my case.
My operator don't wanna manually delete the blank interview (it's a waste of time) and I was wondering if there's a better solution for this problem...

More
3 years 8 months ago #95587 by holch
Well, if it is only one page, then of course there is nothing in it. But as soon as someone starts a survey, they survey is registered. And in most other use cases, you would want to keep also the non complete interviews. I would get really mad if those would be lost. ;-)

So what your operator can do is just show the completed ones in the interface and you could create a cronjob to delete uncomplete surveys after a while.

Problem is, that currently used surveys are also "unfinished", so the risk would be to delete interviews that are just fine, because the person is currently filling it in.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form