Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Adding assessment value to multiple options...

• kettner
  • kettner's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #95009 by kettner
Hello,

I have recently upgraded LimeSurvey to 1.92+ where I can use Expression Manager for tailored assessments. However I do not master this feature yet. Could you please give me a hand with the issue how to add assessment value to multiple options question type?
The point is that I need to prepare a testing survey like an exam and I have added a multiple question type to the survey e.g. as follows:

Question (Select the correct options):
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4...

Let´s assume that only options 2 and 4 are correct, so the respondent should get 1 point for each correct answer (option). If option 1 or 3 are selected, then he/she gets 0 points.
Could anyone please advice me how to write an equation / relevance in order to:
1) add value 1 or 0 to the options
2) how to calculate the total sum of points received within this question?

I am affraid I still have troubles with using the correct syntax for the expressions that would solve this issue but I was not able to find the appropriate answer within this forum.

Thank you very much for any help.

Kettner
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #95024 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Adding assessment value to multiple options...
Try:
Code:
sum(q1_SQ002 == 'Y', q1_SQ004 == 'Y')

(where q1 is the question code, SQ002 and SQ004 are the "correct" sub-question codes)

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by tpartner.
  • kettner
More
10 years 11 months ago #95042 by kettner
Thank you very much Tony!

I would also need to generate a report about correct and wrong answers after submission of the survey. Can I somehow do it like if I used assessment feature?
Now I have prepared a summary using assessment which displays total score in the test and it also displays a summary of correct reponses. It works fine but it does not include multiple options question type.
Can I somehow insert equations or display texts for a report after submission of the survey?
  • tpartner
More
10 years 11 months ago #95043 by tpartner
You can't use equation or text-display questions in the end page (after survey is completed).

If you need to display more detailed results, I recommend you do all of the scoring with Expression Manager instead of Assessments. Then in a final group (before survey completion) you can use relevance, equations, and text-display questions to show (and store) the results.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • kettner
More
10 years 11 months ago #95046 by kettner
Ok, thank you. This sounds perfect, however may have a potential side-effect that a person may not submit the result at all if he/she sees the results before the submission and sees that he/she does not pass the test and then simply repeat the test, given that there is not set the "only once" usage of the access key to the test.
I will try to use a final group anyway, thank you again.
Vít Kettner
More
10 years 8 months ago #97179 by Olga
Hello,
I have the same issue as kettner, that I want to add assessment value to multiple options.
You (tpartner) wrote down an equation (sum(q1_SQ002 == 'Y', q1_SQ004 == 'Y')) with which I believe it would work. But I have no single idea where exactly I have to add this! Could you help me, please?

julai
  • tpartner
More
10 years 8 months ago #97189 by tpartner
Insert it in an equation question .

It should be pointed out that this will not use the LimeSurvey Assessments feature but will simply store a "score" for the question in the data.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose