Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response?

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 3 years 3 months ago #94502

• hanksterr7
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi

I would like to auto-launch a survey for a user, allowing them to resume a survey they had already started. Is this possible? I know how to pre-fill questions in the survey when I launch it for them via the url arguments (such as http://<svr>/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/762745/newtest/Y/lang/en&762745X6X222=abcd

What other options exist for parameters I can pass in the URL to control survey behavior, and hopefully auto-load a prior response?

Thansk

-- Hank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 3 years 3 months ago #94505

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1325
Hello,

To have a complete prefilling system, best is to use token and "Enable token answer persistance".
Here you have 2 choice:
- Prefill answer (use default answer) with some attribute
- Start each survey and prefill answer in each survey (you can use vv import/export for this).

But you can use too prefilling answer, but it's more complicated because you need one paramtere for each question.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by DenisChenu.

URL parameters - how to launch a partially answered survey response? 3 years 3 months ago #94541

• hanksterr7
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, I got the token approach working. I can open a url like
http://svr/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/698233/token/tzxkr6c4rrv7trh/newtest/Y

and it will re-open the survey with all the prior answers filled in. Cool! Thanks
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form