Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email

More
4 years 2 months ago #93575 by charleslcso
charleslcso created the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Is it possible to have public surveys, ask for email address, and then the user can continue to do the survey immediately without the need for email?

If possible, the condition of each email address can do the survey once must still be enforced.

Much thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #93581 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Hello,

It's a new feature for 2.1, maybe for 2.05.

With 2.0, you can use own srcript before survey entre to validate email and create token table.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
4 years 2 months ago #93583 by charleslcso
charleslcso replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Thx Denis.

Any page containing the version release timetable?

More
4 years 2 months ago #93653 by charleslcso
charleslcso replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
OK Denis,

With 2.0, is it possible to let users register their email address and other arbitrary fields without creating tokens? We'll check for duplicate email address manually.

We want to see if we can make LS into production before 2.05….

More
4 years 2 months ago #93655 by charleslcso
I worked around the issue. Thx!

More
4 years 2 months ago #93661 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email

I worked around the issue.

Can you share?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
4 years 2 months ago #93671 by charleslcso
I can share. Sure. But u r part of the LS team, n you should know more... :-)

I just make my first question with fields for name, email and address. Mandatory or optional input, of which is up to you.

No token.

Use cookie to track users.

I get the email after they complete the survey, in the responses fields.

More
4 years 2 months ago #93672 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email

But u r part of the LS team, n you should know more

This is not for my benefit! This forum is all about sharing help and solutions.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
2 years 5 months ago #115289 by JayCharles
JayCharles replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Hi Dennis,

Did this feature make it into 2.05 or is there a script that has been developed to provide this functionality?

We would like the ability to run a script that passes through the email address, and other token attributes of a public registration form, to the token table. is this possible?

We are on Version 2.05+ Build 140502

More
2 years 5 months ago #115294 by jelo
jelo replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Check out the Remote API
manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API#add_participants

Note sure if the additional attributes already covered.

More
2 years 5 months ago #115298 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Hi,

Can be done with actual version and plugin.

Start by gitorious.org/ls-extendregister/ls-replaceregister , and replace the sendmail system by a redirect.

All is here, just need 2/4 day of php dev.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).

More
2 years 5 months ago #115332 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email
Didn't we actually implement this at the LS 2.1 branch at the beginning of this year?

Denis, didn't you work on that?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
2 years 5 months ago #115333 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Public survey, ask for email address but no need for email

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
2 years 5 months ago #115337 by DenisChenu
Hi Mazi,

Yes, but need update and remove from core for 2.1, do it in plugin only .... We have beforeRegister pluygin event. But can be done on 2.05 starting with gitorious.org/ls-extendregister

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #115342 by Mazi
That is a very nice and often requested feature. Hopefully we can have that at LS 2.06, be it as a plugin or directly at the source code.

I think one should be able to activate the direct survey access after registration somewhere at the survey settings.

Dr. Marcel Minke
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Mazi.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now