Bluehost Email Setting

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #93127 by david2013
david2013 created the topic: Bluehost Email Setting
Hi,

I use Bluehost to host Limesurvey. I want to use SMTP to send invitation. I enter all correct info under global setting => Email settings. for example:
SMTP host: mail.mydomain.com:26
SMTP user name: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
SMTP password: my_password
SMTP SSL/TLS: try all the options

I use the same setting in my localhost which is using xampp, it works. I thought maybe different PHP version, so I try different PHP version on Bluehost, it still not working.

I look up the online documentation, it says "SMTP:use SMTP relaying. Use this setting when you are running LimeSurvey on a host that is not your mail server.". So I'm wondering if I'm using Bluehost as my LimeSurvey host, I can't use this setting? I also try gamil and yahoo smtp, still no luck.

Here is the error message I got when I try to send invitation:

Error Message: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
SMTP server error: Verification failed for 550-No Such User Here 550 Sender verify failed

Anyone has silimiar problem?
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by david2013. Reason: adding error message

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #93133 by holch
holch replied the topic: Bluehost Email Setting
Does This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. exist?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 5 months ago #93136 by david2013
david2013 replied the topic: Bluehost Email Setting
Thank you for quick reply. Yes. the email exist. It's my personal yahoo email. I use xxx to hide my email address.

More
4 years 5 months ago #93137 by holch
Just to make sure, because the error message suggests that limesurvey got the feedback from the other mail server, that the email address does not exist.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.

More
4 years 5 months ago #93139 by david2013
I tried different real email addresses. I use same setting, same email address in localhost which is using xampp, it works.

More
4 years 5 months ago #93140 by holch
So on XAMPP it works with the same LS version and the same infos, but on Blue host it doesn't?

I guess this is a question for Bluehost support then. Because obviously you have the right settings, Limesurvey works, but Bluehost has a problem with it.

More
4 years 5 months ago #93142 by david2013
OK. I will contact Bluehost.

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now