Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Images as array options

• naitk050
  • naitk050's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #92989 by naitk050
Images as array options was created by naitk050
I run version 1.92

I was wondering if it is possible to create an array (matrix) type question that has the response options made up of images? I have attached a mock-up of what I would expect the question to look like, with images across the top as column headers and different "categories" as the row headers. Or is it possible to create a labelset that use images? I am open to possibilities.

I thought I had read somewhere that this is possible but I cannot seem to locate any information in the manual or on the web. Maybe I am not using the right search words.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by naitk050. Reason: Adding information
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #92990 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Images as array options
You should be able to put html code instead of normal text in the answer options or in the label set.

Give it a try.

(By the way, no mockup attached)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: naitk050
  • naitk050
More
11 years 3 weeks ago #92991 by naitk050
Replied by naitk050 on topic Images as array options
What a great idea. Thank you so much.

The inserted html tag seems to work but do you happen to know where I would need to place the images within the limesurvey environment. I would like to keep all the limesurvey "stuff" together, rather than referencing my images from a different location on the server. Would the images be placed in the same location as the images I use in my templates? Or do you have other suggestions that might be better?

I host my limesurvey system on a linux box that I have administrative access but to be honest it has been a long time since I have spent any time in the back end of limesurvey on the system.

PS the mock up is now attached to the original post (oops).
  • naitk050
More
11 years 4 days ago #93765 by naitk050
Replied by naitk050 on topic Images as array options
Just to follow up, in case others are trying to do the same thing.

holch's suggestion worked perfectly. I used html to call the images and to set the size of the images. The question for my survey turned out wonderful.

I uploaded the images using the image upload option in the question editor. This allowed for the storage of the images to be referenced with an association to the specific survey id. The upload even gives you the link you need to include in the html.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, dweisser
  • holch
More
11 years 4 days ago #93766 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Images as array options
Thanks for your feedback. This will help others with the same question in the future (given that they search the forum before asking...)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose