Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Customized 5-point array: visual style issue

• sD960
  • sD960's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #92228 by sD960
I'm using a 5-point array question as a rating scale, i.e., 5=excellent, 1=poor. So, I can use the pre-numbered 1 - 5 array and have text in the question saying "Rate the blahblahblah with 5 being excellent and 1 being poor"--but I would rather have the end-points (excellent, poor) visually there as part of the scale. OK, so I can use the flexible array instead of the 5-point, and label the columns 5=excellent, 4, 3, 2, 1=poor. The problem with this is that on some questions (depending on the size of the Y-axis items, I guess), the end-points get broken up into two lines, on some they don't, and on some they're mixed. So, the survey-taker might see:

5 = excellent 4 3 2 1 = poor

or

5 = 4 3 2 1 =
excellent poor

or

5 = 4 3 2 1 = poor
excellent

I would like to have ALL my 5-point scale questions look like the first example, or All look like the second example, and NONE look like the third example. Of course, the survey works either way, but graphically it just doesn't look good, especially when 5=excellent gets split over 2 lines and 1=poor doesn't. (I've tried using a longer synonym for "poor" so it's closer in length to "excellent", but that's not reliable either.)

Any way to control this? Again, not a deep question--but it does cut down on the professional look of the survey.

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #92232 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Customized 5-point array: visual style issue
Hello,

Use array question type with this answers:
Code:
5<br />excellent
1<br />poor

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by DenisChenu. Reason: html4 code
  • sD960
  • sD960's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #92246 by sD960
Perfect--thanks loads! I was unaware of this editing option.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose