Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

I would like to know if I can do this evaluation project with Limesurvey

• Alathar
  • Alathar's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #91554 by Alathar
Hello all!

I already used the limesurvey for some simple surveys, but now I wonder if I can use the system to something more complex.

I need to create a survey for students and professors at my university. In this system, students and teachers would answer a series of questions about the courses they attended or applied (as a student and teacher).

So:
1) Only students and teachers could access the survey (both the forms and results) and for that, we would have to use some external authentication system, probably the registration system of the university. Limesurvey allows this?

2) The other difficulty is that teachers and students are going to do the evaluation of the courses they attended THAT semester (but not about all available courses at university). So the survey should be customized, conditional, depending on who is completing the form. I can get the database that shows which courses students and teachers had participated.

So, logically, every student and teacher answer the same questionnaire, but about different courses (only those in which they participated). There is any way to do it?

Thank you very much!!
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #91636 by Thomas
Hello Alathar,

I do not think that you could realize this with LimeSurvey out of the box.

What you could do is handle the authentication management for participants apart from LimeSurvey. For example you could realize this by activating token based access control for your surveys within Limesurvey. Then use your data available (course/student relation) to create individual tokens for all students and populate LimeSurvey's token databased for the corresponding surveys.

This way you could provide each participant with a series of links (containing survey id and token) which would allow them (and only them) to fill in the survey.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Thomas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alathar
  • Alathar
  • Alathar's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #91732 by Alathar
Tks a lot Thomas! Glad to hear that I can do it with a little development.

Let me ask some more questions.

How can I, after authentication, say to limesurvey that THAT student, in that semester had attended x,y, z courses so he can only answer the surveys for each of those class he attended. How can I put these conditions on the system?

Actually I had a table saying which class each student attended, so how can I use this data in LS?

Tks again
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Alathar.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #91738 by tpartner

Actually I had a table saying which class each student attended, so how can I use this data in LS?

These could be added as "User-defined attributes" - docs.limesurvey.org/Tokens&structure=Eng...tions+for+LimeSurvey . Then you can apply conditions based on these attributes.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #91766 by Thomas
Alathar,

as far as I understood, you do have a couple of surveys for different classes. Something like:

Class A -> Survey ID #A
Class B -> Survey ID #B

You also have a relation of students and classes. Something like:

Student A -> Class A
Student A -> Class B
Student B -> Class B

From this information you can create a list of student for each survey and create a token for each student-survey-relation. You can feed this list of students and corresponding tokens to all affected surveys (either manually or by directly adding to the LimeSurvey token table in SQL). So if you activate token based authentication for each survey only those students can take the survey who have taken the class before.

What remains is to make links and tokens accessible to students. You could probably user your existing authentication system, LimeSurveys e-mail invitations (students who took several classes will get severals e-mails), or create some individual solution which connects to your existing authentication infrastructure.

More elegant solutions are certainly possible. But this way you would not have to make any changes to the LimeSurvey code and can still use your existing infrastructure.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Thomas.
More
10 years 2 months ago #103705 by marvin265
Hi.
let's say this student belonged to class a b c.

is this the right way to do it?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose