Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: translations partly not saving

translations partly not saving 3 years 7 months ago #90322

  • TMSWhite
  • TMSWhite's Avatar
  • Offline
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 758
  • Thank you received: 83
  • Karma: 37
In 1.92 latest release, translators report that groups and questions can be translated but subquestions and answers do not save. Same problem on two servers. Anyone else seeing this or know a work around?
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by TMSWhite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

translations partly not saving 3 years 7 months ago #90350

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • Online
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 9284
  • Thank you received: 1324
  • Karma: 384
Just test with a FR/NL surbey on 1.82 and no problem.

Denis
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
The administrator has disabled public write access.

translations partly not saving 3 years 7 months ago #90493

  • larjona
  • larjona's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
Same problem here with a En/Es survey.
Questions translations are saved, but not subquestion or answers translations.
We're using Versión 1.92+ Build 120909
What can we do? Is there an option to import translations for example?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

translations partly not saving 3 years 7 months ago #90495

  • TMSWhite
  • TMSWhite's Avatar
  • Offline
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Posts: 758
  • Thank you received: 83
  • Karma: 37
I found the problem on my server. Under "Global Settings", "Show PHPInfo", the value for max_input_vars was 1000 (the default). When I used the browser's "view page source" and searched for "<input" and "<textarea", I had a total of nearly 2000 variables that would be submitted with each translation page.

Once I added the following line to my php.ini file, the translations started working fine:
max_input_vars = 2500
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Imprint                   Data Protection Statement                  Revocation information and revocation form