Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form

More
4 years 5 months ago #89778 by Fred01
Fred01 created the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form
My survey editor says she spends an awful lot of time clicking the "Show Advanced Attributes" link.

Is there some global setting that will show them by default whenever you add or edit a question?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #89783 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form
There is no setting for that but, if using 2.0, you could create your own admin template that displays them all of the time.

1) Copy one of the folders in rootDirectory/styles/ and rename it fredsTemplate

2) In Global settings --> General --> Administration template, select fredsTemplate

3) Add the following to the end of rootDirectory/styles/fredsTemplate/adminstyle.css
#advancedquestionsettingswrapper {
	display: block !important;
}

#showadvancedattributes,
#showadvancedattributes {
	display: none !important;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
4 years 5 months ago #89790 by Fred01
Fred01 replied the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form
Brilliant! thanks Tony

More
4 years 5 months ago #89816 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
4 years 5 months ago #89832 by Fred01
Fred01 replied the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form
Yes, Denis, that's another problem. Too many attributes to scroll through. I supposed that's why they hide them. It's like when Word/Excel got so complex Microsoft made simple menus that hid the advanced features. But then you couldn't find the feature you wanted.

I've noticed it's pretty easy to go into the php code and re-categorize the attributes. I can make the ones I use a lot appear at the top.

More
4 years 5 months ago #89842 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: Always show advanced attributes in Edit Question form
There are some project for 2.1:
For example :
- seperate GMAP from short text question
- Maybe seperate some other question

It's the new question module system

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now