Diary Survey

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #89473 by annatr
annatr created the topic: Diary Survey
I'm wanting to survey students about their study habits as part of my PhD.
I would like to set up a survey which has times in rows (6-7am, 7-8am etc) and in columns has study and non-study activities. So each student would select each hour over a 24 hour period, and then nominate a study or non-study activity (of about 11 options so far) for each hour. This seems to be pretty easy to do on any survey program with a matrix table or a side by side format, BUT I would like to ask another couple of questions for each hour if a study activity is selected. So I effectively want to have 24 rows, and 2 column groupings (study & non-study) each containing a few options, and if any column in the study grouping is selected I would like 2 more columns to appear with students then select another option in another 2 column groupings to further describe the study activities. But if the student selects a non-study activity in the first column, then these extra 2 columns should not appear (or will not be able to be completed - eg automatically select NA or something)....
Here is a word version of the kind of thing I want to do.....
Does anyone know if this is possible with LimeSurvey?
Thanks very much for your help,
Anna
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by annatr. Reason: spelling error & clarification required

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #89496 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Diary Survey
Unfortunately this isn't possible out-of-the-box.

A possible workaround would be to add a second array question for the "extra 2 columns" and then use conditions or relevance to show it if a "study" option is selected.

You could use CSS to align the 2 arrays side-by-side.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.