Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey

More
4 years 8 months ago #87234 by bwoo5
bwoo5 created the topic: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey
In my token table I have a participant with the name O'ryan and his email is O'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When I put this into limesurvey it changes his name to oryan and the email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

his actually email needs to have the ' in there. Is there a work around to this?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #90354 by bwoo5
bwoo5 replied the topic: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey
Is there a workaround for this issue? Just did another survey with a someone that has a name of Mike O'Bryan and his email is mike.o'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Limesurvey imports this and shows it correctly in the token table but when it sends the email, the email address it used was This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., it is chopping off the mike.o'

Thanks for your help.

More
4 years 6 months ago #90365 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey
I have no solution but an opinion: the person that invented email addresses with special characters should be spanked. ;-)

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 6 months ago #90370 by helper
helper replied the topic: Can't use " ' " in name or email for token based survey
And spanked very hard!

In defense of LimeSurvey - this is a very "typical" method for SQL injection to put an apostrophe in a text field. LimeSurvey just takes that risk out by not processing the character.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now