Can I add "Other" option in Array type questions?

More
4 years 8 months ago #86101 by ataurrehman
ataurrehman created the topic: Can I add "Other" option in Array type questions?
Dear All

I am using Array type question to rate a few options on Important, Neutral, Not Important likert scale. Options are:

Salary
Education
Family
etc

at the end I want to allow users to add some other option and rate it on the above mentioned scale. But In array type questions, "Other" option is not available.

Any idea to handle this situation?

Ata

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #86110 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can I add "Other" option in Array type questions?
What you could do is to ask for the "other" in a question before and then pipe the response as an answer item to the array question. This means an additional question, but I think it could be a solution.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
4 years 8 months ago #86118 by TMSWhite
TMSWhite replied the topic: Can I add "Other" option in Array type questions?
Here is an example of what holch describes. Although it allows rating of a custom set of products, you could use that approach and array-filter to allow for multiple "other" options.

More
4 years 8 months ago #86123 by JTilt
JTilt replied the topic: Can I add "Other" option in Array type questions?
I have almost the exact same question. The suggestion given is a good one but may not be very practical. In my case, I have a whole list of sub-questions (or items) that respondents will be rating on a Likert scale. Asking first for the "other" option, may have respondents listing items that are already in the array question that follows. For example, if I ask "How important are the following items when choosing a where to go on vacation?" A list of factors rated on a 1-5 scale may include price, location, things to do, etc. If I start the question with "What items are important to you when choosing where to go on vacation. Respondents will most likely list items that are already in the array question.

What I would like to know if there is a way to include a row at the very bottom of the array question that is marked "other" and allows for the respondent to write in a response or factor then rate that new factor on the likert scale.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now