Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Repeated (longitudinal) surveys based on responses to baseline

• dwalton5
  • dwalton5's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #85394 by dwalton5
I'm a long-time user of LimeSurvey/LimeService but have yet to attempt this and am unable to find answers on the wiki or here in the forum. I'm working on a longitudinal survey in which people respond within 3 weeks of an event (a traumatic injury), then again 1 week later, and a third time 3 months following the event. So what I need is:
1. A baseline survey that captures both the date of the injury, and the date of first completion
2. A system that then automatically sends another invite to the respondent 1 week from the date of their first completion
3. A system that automatically sends another invite to the respondent on a date 3 months following their injury, as indicated by the respondent on the first administration.

Obviously I need to be able to connect responses across the 3 administrations, so I'm assuming that a token table would be needed that allows repeat administrations (ie. don't use a cookie to prevent repeats). What I can't sort out are the other mechanisms: how to set LS to automatically send (email) the follow-up invites after a given period, and how to set those periods to values based on responses to the first survey (ie. date of injury, date of baseline survey). If there's a place I should be looking that details this mechanism then I apologize and would appreciate a link to that source. Otherwise, it would be great if anyone else has tackled this and is able to share some knowledge. I'll do the same in the future.
Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • dwalton5
More
11 years 6 months ago #85527 by dwalton5
  • dwalton5
More
11 years 6 months ago #85686 by dwalton5
Really hoping there's someone out there who can just point me even towards a resource for setting up automatic deployment of longitudinal surveys. I'm still looking around but haven't found anything. Thanks in advance.
More
11 years 4 months ago #87961 by ChacoKevy
Also wondering this. I can't think of any way to do this under one survey, however. All I can think of is to have your survey in triplicate, where the results of the survey feed in as attributes of the token table to the first follow-up, and then repeat once more for your final follow-up. I have no ideas, however, on how this could be automated.
More
10 years 2 months ago #102711 by joshendrikx
Does anyone have a clue how to do this? It seems to me that a lot of people would find this information very valuable.
Thanks for any help you can give!
More
10 years 2 months ago #103564 by bob0the0migthty
I recently ran into a similar problem on a Limesurvey instance I've take over. My problem relates to users taking an initial survey then they are presented with follow-up surveys that they can answer. They should only be able to answer the follow ups if they answered the original.

My initial fix is going to be creating a version of the registration page that queries the originating survey's token table to determine if they registered and completed the initial survey. They will then be allowed to continue with the survey they are taking. A longer term fix will require adding longitudinal type studies to Limesurvey.

Apparently Redcap from Vanderbilt has that capability if someone is looking for a already built system with longitudinal capability.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose