try replacing the space with in the source of the question, or alternately look at the advanced settings and make the "answer width" wider so it doesn't wrap
Here's what I did
1. Go to the question's subquestions
2. Click the pencil icon to the right of one Y-scale subquestion. An HTML editor pops up.
3. Click the Source button. Replace every [space] with . The resulting text should look like
Other Asset No. 1
Update: I learned that Steps 2 and 3 are not necessary. You could just enter into the subquestion blank as is.
I also learned that the code was needed just for one row. Because one row was now wider, all the other Y-scale questions had more space to fit into one row each.