Open link in new tab

More
5 years 1 month ago #85175 by blacknail
blacknail created the topic: Open link in new tab
Hi all,

On my survey, I have links to some instructions (images), and I would like to open them in a new tab (or window), but as I've searched it through all the application, this forum and manual, I can't find how to do that.

Is that possible? Could it have to do with the version I'm using (Version 1.90+ Build 9596)?

Thanks to you all,
João Fernandes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #85177 by holch
holch replied the topic: Open link in new tab
This actually has little to do with Limesurvey. This is a HTML or Javascript issue.

You either have to open the additional information in a popup window via Javascript (switch on javascript for your survey in the administration) or go with a good old html link with target="blank" (I think). Have a look on the internet, there should be plenty of examples.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
5 years 1 month ago #85355 by blacknail
blacknail replied the topic: Open link in new tab
Thanks for the quick reply, holch. Like you said and for future reference, it is as easy as editing the group / question you want, toggle fullscreen, and click in the "source" button. Then, you just have to edit the HTML and insert «target="_blank"» in the elements you want to open in a new tab.

Thanks,
João

More
4 years 11 months ago #88046 by lamurph2
lamurph2 replied the topic: Open link in new tab
:( Evidently not as easy as all that. Every time I add the " target="_blank" html code and save the question the html disappears!!! Is it a bug that the html language you type in just disappears or changes?

This is the code I typed in:
<p>
If yes, please indicate the dataset(s) that you used from the list linked below:</p>
<pre>
<a href=" calm.geo.berkeley.edu/ncalm/dtc.html " target="_blank"><span>NCALM Data Tracking Center</span></a></pre>

this is what I get when I save or save and close:
<p>
If yes, please indicate the dataset(s) that you used from the list linked below:</p>
<pre>
<a href=" calm.geo.berkeley.edu/ncalm/dtc.html "><span>NCALM Data Tracking Center</span></a></pre>

Why is my " target="_blank" disappearing?

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #88066 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Open link in new tab
I'm not sure why that is being sanitized (1.90 is quite old) but have you tried the editor "Link" button?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by tpartner.

More
4 years 11 months ago #88069 by lamurph2
Yes, I've tried that as well. It puts the coding in but when I save or save and close the coding either disappears or changes (i.e. the < and > signs change to &g).

I'm using this version of LimeSurvey: Version 2.00+ Build 121019

More
4 years 11 months ago #88070 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Open link in new tab
Is the XSS filter turned off?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: psprof

More
4 years 11 months ago #88071 by lamurph2
Nope it wasn't...that was the problem. All is good now. Thanks so much!!!

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now