List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???

More
4 years 11 months ago #84988 by spessex
spessex created the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hi

I've just discovered after a long time of inputting information into 'List (dropdown)' Question Type that it appears to be limited to 244 choices/answers/options. Is there a way to increase this? I probably need around 500 as it's a drop-down list of UK councils?

Thank you

Stephen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #91357 by Honame
Honame replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hey Stephen,

Did you figure out how to increase the answers limit? I found myself in the same situation designing a large survey.

Hope to hear any solution soon.

H

More
4 years 6 months ago #91368 by DenisChenu
DenisChenu replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hello,

Did this bug is reported in the bug report system ?

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
An error happen ? Before make a new topic : remind the Debug mode .

More
4 years 6 months ago #91555 by Honame
Honame replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hey Stephen,

This has been reported in the Bugtracker system recently and was closed. See: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=7185 . I was having the same issue with a number of 1000+ answers in a dropdown list. I increase the max_input_var in PHP as suggested in the Bugtracker and it worked.

Hope it helps you as well,

Cheers,

H

More
4 years 3 months ago #95067 by spessex
spessex replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Thanks everyone. I've only just noticed these replies.

More
4 years 3 months ago #95083 by kobaltz
kobaltz replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Could you group the list as another question? They need to first select the district and then select the councils?

More
1 year 8 months ago #129068 by bogotan
bogotan replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hi!

I try the solution adding to php.ini max_input_vars = 10000 and does't work
I put in the label a list of municipios/County with 1200 entries, for example

05001 MEDELLIN
05002 ABEJORRAL
05004 ABRIAQUI
05021 ALEJANDRIA
05030 AMAGA

It continues display the error about max_input_vars, I also re start php and the computer.

my limesurvey version is 2.06+ Build 151126

Thanks!

More
1 year 8 months ago #129077 by holch
holch replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
You need to restart the server where Limesurvey is running, not your computer.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 8 months ago #129079 by bogotan
bogotan replied the topic: List (dropdown) - limited to 244 answers??? Can this be increased???
Hi Holch, I restart the server and the computer, doesn't work in any case.

Thanks

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now