Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain Group

More
5 years 4 months ago #78392 by KingKorn
KingKorn created the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain
Hello everyone,

I'd like to create a survey that shows questions in groups (like done by enabling "group by group" presentation). Yet, I need one group that presents the questions it contains one by one. Can this be done - say by script or some other way?

Thanks and best regards, KK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #78393 by holch
holch replied the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain
In this case you would have to create a group per question.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: KingKorn

More
5 years 4 months ago #78395 by KingKorn
KingKorn replied the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain
oh no, i feared that much! :(

i think i'll create two surveys then - one where the questions are shown group by group and one where the questions are shown one at a time - then i'll let the first open the second upon exiting, while forwarding the participant's id in the url. later, i can then merge both result files in spss using the participant's id. it's dirty, but it should work... ;)

More
5 years 4 months ago #78671 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain

KingKorn wrote: oh no, i feared that much! :(

i think i'll create two surveys then - one where the questions are shown group by group and one where the questions are shown one at a time - then i'll let the first open the second upon exiting, while forwarding the participant's id in the url. later, i can then merge both result files in spss using the participant's id. it's dirty, but it should work... ;)

If you are using tokens, you can even pass the token by URL which makes it easier to merge data later.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
5 years 4 months ago #78742 by KingKorn
KingKorn replied the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain
alright, good idea - thanks! :)

More
5 years 4 months ago #78744 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Enable "Group by Group", yet Show One Question at a Time for a Certain

KingKorn wrote: alright, good idea - thanks! :)

You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Did you already participate in our customer survey?

Don't miss your chance for great prices.

Please click here to participate:

Start now

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now