Hiding selective questions in a matrix question based on previous answers.

More
5 years 7 months ago #76715 by mark01
mark01 created the topic: Hiding selective questions in a matrix question based on previous answers.
I tend to think EM could do this. Found an EM example 'Hide question group...previous question Y/N' in the EM examples.
Example
I have a 10 question matrix of 5 point ratings.
If a person responds Y to a previous question show matrix questions 2,3,7,8
If a person responds N to a previous question show matrix questions 1,4,5,6,9,10

I want to keep the matrix format as it takes less space and doesn't need the next clicked - as in separate questions.

Can EM do this and if so some hints please.
Regards
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #76716 by mark01
mark01 replied the topic: Hiding selective questions in a matrix question based on previous answers.
Please ignore this. Have found a useful reference in "Expression Manager Roadmap" that I think will do the job.
Sorry for wasting your time.
Mark

More
5 years 7 months ago #76717 by mark01
mark01 replied the topic: Hiding selective questions in a matrix question based on previous answers.
The reference mention above is more of a 'wish list' - so my request still stands. Here is the reference -

If want to filter question Q2 on Q1, where each have subquestions SQ1-SQ3, this is equivalent to relevance equations of:
Question Relevance
Q2_SQ1 Q1_SQ1!=’’
Q2_SQ2 Q1_SQ2!=’’
Q2_SQ3 Q1_SQ3!=’’

Options:
Move relevance to Question table.
Would allow more complex relevance (like combinations of conditions)
Would require a way to edit sub-questions - like existing, but adding column for relevance
Would need view of current sub-questions so can syntax-highlight relevance to show any inaccuracies
Invisibly create appropriate relevance equations
Would not allow user over-rides - would be entirely behind-the-scenes

Challenges/Approach:
Relevance is currently done at the question level, not subquestion level. Would need to:
Have are relevance parser know about subbquestions, and show/hide tbdispSGQA instead of displayN
Check whether all SQ are hidden - if so hide entire question
Treat hidden SQ as irrelevant (so that cascade relevance?) or just hidden?

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now