Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining?

More
5 years 7 months ago #76225 by flexic
flexic created the topic: Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining?
Before LimeSurvey had a 'Uses Left' field for tokens we could end peoples survey by 'quotaing them out', but now when we try to do that it closes down the whole token and nobody else can take the survey, regardless of how many uses are left on the token.

To put it another way, if we send a token to one of our customers, who then sends it on to a few thousand survey takers, as soon as we kick someone out of the survey who gives an answer we aren't interested in, it shuts the survey down for everyone else.

For example the first question may be 'are you employed or unemployed?' and if we only want unemployed people so 'quota out' people who respond 'employed', the whole token is closed.

Apparently the conditions system could be used to get around this, but that adds a ton of extra work and is less than ideal.

Any ideas on what else we could do, or if this is actually a bug of some kind?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #76233 by holch
holch replied the topic: Quota shutting down multiple use token with millions of uses remaining?
Well, I think for most of us this is the desired behavior.

I would create a bunch of tokens and send it in a table to our customer. They should send each respondent its own token.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now