Jump to a question group

More
5 years 3 months ago #74709 by tacman1123
tacman1123 created the topic: Jump to a question group
I need a way to go directly to a question group, and was wondering if there's some way to indicate that on the url.

The group is actually a summary, no real questions, but it takes the answers and prints out a report. This is basically the solution presented in another thread about doing medical assessments that TMSWhite and I had here:

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...nseid-and-some-token

Is there a way to turn off the cookies and do everything from the url? Often the page ends up at index.php, and I really want to see how the survey and group work together and if there's a way to use the url to navigate to where I need to be.

Thanks,

Tac

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #74839 by Steve01
Steve01 replied the topic: Aw: Jump to a question group
Hello,

does a survey even work without cookies? I tried it a few times but it didn't get past the welcome page/page one because the survey URL doesn't contain any parameters if you go to the second page of a survey.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

More
5 years 3 months ago #74922 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Aw: Jump to a question group
Depending on the survey settings, there is a "lastpage" column at the lime_survey_12345 table which stores at which page a user answered the last question.
If I remember correctly, this is used for the save and return later feature. With some modifications to the source code it might be possible to refer to this value when accessing a survey, so that when passing something like "...&lastpage=5" the system loads group 5 of the survey (assuming you are running the survey in group by group mode).

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
5 years 3 months ago #74949 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Aw: Jump to a question group
You may be able to use JavaScript to grab the URL parameter and jump to a certain step in the survey - www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...h-of-questions#65680

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now