Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limesurvey with Wordpress?

• magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #74627 by magiclko
Replied by magiclko on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?

holch wrote: After renaming the folder name to '_surveypress' I can login normally, but of course, the plugin doesn't work. However, once I was logged in, I switched the folder back to 'surveypress' and after a reload of the page the plugin was available again to make configurations. Now I have to install a copy of Limesurvey to make sure it is running.

But I guess the error message shouldn't block the login to Wordpress. It took me quite a while until I figured out that it was not my PW that was wrong, but that the problem had to do with Limesurvey/Surveypress.

Corrected it! But it's explicitly mentioned,
"Do not set 'debug_mode' to true until database connection error message is gone!" though in your case plugin should have degraded peacefully! Added the fix. Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 1 month ago #74628 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Aw: Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Hmm, I have not set debug_mode to true at all. So this can't be the problem. I did a clean an simple install of Wordpress, then Buddypress and Surveypress via de installation function within Wordpress. I didn't switch the debug mode on.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• FreedomTrip
  • FreedomTrip's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #74674 by FreedomTrip
Replied by FreedomTrip on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Getting back to the original thread topic...
First of all, thanks magiclko for all the support regarding this setup and your plugin! Your work is very much appreciated. :)

I am much closer now to my goals. Entering the survey ID in the plugin's settings does indeed generate tokens for each current registered user, and this is AWESOME. I was also stoked when I saw the token automatically get submitted when clicking the survey link in a user's dashboard.

My intent is to eventually have a heavily-trafficked, community-driven web presence on my site. So obviously I can't manually generate the tokens every once in a while. It needs to be dynamic, so that the token gets generated in the LS database as soon as a user registers for my site.

Not asking for you to change the plugin any more, but just putting my goals out there in case you or anyone else can help. I'm not sure how much work would be required to make the token generations dynamic...?
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #74681 by magiclko
Replied by magiclko on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?

FreedomTrip wrote: Getting back to the original thread topic...
First of all, thanks magiclko for all the support regarding this setup and your plugin! Your work is very much appreciated. :)

I am much closer now to my goals. Entering the survey ID in the plugin's settings does indeed generate tokens for each current registered user, and this is AWESOME. I was also stoked when I saw the token automatically get submitted when clicking the survey link in a user's dashboard.

My intent is to eventually have a heavily-trafficked, community-driven web presence on my site. So obviously I can't manually generate the tokens every once in a while. It needs to be dynamic, so that the token gets generated in the LS database as soon as a user registers for my site.

Not asking for you to change the plugin any more, but just putting my goals out there in case you or anyone else can help. I'm not sure how much work would be required to make the token generations dynamic...?

That is in my TODO list for now. Adding tokens based on Roles was first step. Adding tokens on user login is second!
  • FreedomTrip
  • FreedomTrip's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #75819 by FreedomTrip
Replied by FreedomTrip on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
How goes the update? I would love to see this second feature added.
More
11 years 11 months ago #78499 by jpperrein
Replied by jpperrein on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
@magiclko : Great work ! great idea !, and thanks a lot to bring this plugin to the community.
I use limesurvey for many purpose, and having the opportunity to connect it with BuddyPress gives a lot of possibility.

I am very impatient to see a next version of this plugin, specially the possibility to create a token at user login, or having automatics synchronizations wordpress->Limesurvey OR wordpress<-Limesurvey OR wordpress<->Limesurvey

Some ideas, could be :
- Having a widget or shortcode showing the list of surveys so users doesn't have to go into the dashboard (Hard for a user to handle Wordpress/buddypress, it may be good to keep the dashboard hidden),
- Giving the possibility to choose a value for the "Uses left", 1 may be too little if the user had a crash or need to go back to the survey,
- Harder: it could be interesting to be able for one user, to show value in wordpress (shortcode for exemple, or profile field of buddypress)of one specifics answer in a survey,

But, humm, can we buy you a cafe ? :-)
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
11 years 11 months ago #78641 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
I think when it comes to connecting Limesurvey and Wordpress, the wish list can grow quite large. In general, having a Limesurvey API which can be called from within Wordpress would be the most flexible long term solution, what do our Wordpress users think?

We are currently running the first Limesurvey fundraiser and such an API is on our list:
A documented XML-RPC Rest API to allow remote control of LimeSurvey from other software to support almost all administration functions and allow integration of LimeSurvey with other systems (like a CMS)

Please help giving Limesurvey a future!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #79884 by magiclko

jpperrein wrote: @magiclko : Great work ! great idea !, and thanks a lot to bring this plugin to the community.
I use limesurvey for many purpose, and having the opportunity to connect it with BuddyPress gives a lot of possibility.

I am very impatient to see a next version of this plugin, specially the possibility to create a token at user login, or having automatics synchronizations wordpress->Limesurvey OR wordpress<-Limesurvey OR wordpress<->Limesurvey

Some ideas, could be :
- Having a widget or shortcode showing the list of surveys so users doesn't have to go into the dashboard (Hard for a user to handle Wordpress/buddypress, it may be good to keep the dashboard hidden),
- Giving the possibility to choose a value for the "Uses left", 1 may be too little if the user had a crash or need to go back to the survey,
- Harder: it could be interesting to be able for one user, to show value in wordpress (shortcode for exemple, or profile field of buddypress)of one specifics answer in a survey,

Inserting tokens on login basis feature is almost ready! Just need to test a bit on my machine :) Same goes for uses left thing.

But, humm, can we buy you a cafe ? :-)

How about you help LimeSurvey grow by contributing to fundraiser ;)

I think when it comes to connecting Limesurvey and Wordpress, the wish list can grow quite large. In general, having a Limesurvey API which can be called from within Wordpress would be the most flexible long term solution, what do our Wordpress users think?

We are currently running the first Limesurvey fundraiser and such an API is on our list:
A documented XML-RPC Rest API to allow remote control of LimeSurvey from other software to support almost all administration functions and allow integration of LimeSurvey with other systems (like a CMS)

Please help giving Limesurvey a future!

Yes, indeed! With LimeSurvey API ready, many possibilities open up.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by magiclko.
More
11 years 10 months ago #79887 by jpperrein
Replied by jpperrein on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Great !
If you need some help for testing, ok for me.

For LimeSurvey 2012 Fund-Raiser, I will, the product and team really deserve as much support as possible.
  • magiclko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #79888 by magiclko

jpperrein wrote: Great !
If you need some help for testing, ok for me.

For LimeSurvey 2012 Fund-Raiser, I will, the product and team really deserve as much support as possible.

Ok, so it's online! Download the latest package and it should do :)
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #136168 by drivencompassion
Replied by drivencompassion on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
Can the LimeSurvey Wordpress plugin be updated to allow users to share both (1) questions or (2) answers within their own profiles in a way, that allows users to correlate which other users across the platform are interested in the same questions and/or resonate with the same answers.

Leading towards being able to do analytics on which users resonate with each other in selected tags/categories of questions and/or answers.

An example of these similar types of Q&A matching in play is Okcupid, among others.

Most importantly, is there hopes of restarting activity for the LimeSurvey Wordpress plugin anytime soon wordpress.org/plugins/surveypress ?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by drivencompassion.
  • holch
More
7 years 10 months ago #136171 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Limesurvey with Wordpress?
I think surveypress is dead. It hasn't been updated for more than 2 years. I don't see much chance that this will be "revived". magiclko was last time online on this forum 3 years ago. So I would assume that he is not working on this anymore.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose