Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Saving Assessment scores to survey database

More
12 years 3 days ago #76714 by Ben_V
1)

.... visibility turned off for this one question, but in doing so it removes that data

Maybe you can just emule the submit button putting the following code in the source of the question
The may problem is that you have to set your survey "question by question" or "group by group" with a group dedicated for this sole question because the effect will be to skip directly to the next step (next question, group or final submission)
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

// Adapt all survey, group &amp; question ID s....
//!\\ document.getElementById('display123').style.display= "none";
//!\\ document.getElementById('answer789X456X123').style.display= "none";

document.limesurvey.submit();

});
</script>

2) for the class="nocode" I've no other solution... If you don't want to create a new css class, you can use inline css like
Code:
<span style="display:none"> <!-- don't close this tag -->

Ben

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 2 days ago #76757 by sequoia
Replied by sequoia on topic Saving Assessment scores to survey database
Thank you Benitov for your assistance. The 'display:none' tag did the job. I did though have one answer with a strikethrough through the text in the results email. Not sure why, hopefully its a one time issue as I'll be doing some more testing.

Regarding the javascript in your previous post, is that for use in 1.91+, 1.92+, or both? (I currently have installed 1.92+) ; And would I need to supplement the specific data from my survey into the " ('display123') " (parenthesis) areas?

Again thanks for your input everyone.
  • TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 2 days ago #76758 by TMSWhite
Replied by TMSWhite on topic Saving Assessment scores to survey database
FYI, elements like 'display123' no longer exist in 1.92.
More
12 years 2 days ago #76759 by sequoia
Would you have any suggestions to the particular inquiry TMS White?

•Concerning the assessment total function, it is placed in a question entry. I can have visibility turned off for this one question, but in doing so it removes that data from the email sent out (there is though a db entry and the assessment rules shows corresponding results). Is there a workaround for this? (that is, have the question with the 'Equation'/{sum} output listed in the distributed email but not visible in the survey). What I have now is a blank question page with a sum value in the question area.

Or would Benitov's suggestion working with javascript be the best/current workaround?
  • TMSWhite
More
12 years 2 days ago #76760 by TMSWhite
sequioa-

If I'm understanding you, you want to email to contain the assessment score, but not have it show in the survey (or in the print your answers page).

If so, you can simply edit the template for the email being sent out. You can still have the hidden equation to compute the score (so it will be in the database, but never seen by the user). Then, in the email template, say "The subject's score was {score}"
More
12 years 2 days ago #76762 by sequoia
TMSWhite-

Thank you for responding.

I'm seeking to have the assessment score output to all three areas (completed survey page, database, and email). This has been resolved with one 'side effect' so to speak...

To better clarify, the issue is with the survey containing a blank question page (the 'equation' question type) with the current assessment total in the question area (and nothing else).

Again I really appreciate all the input, and it helps us newbies get better acclimated to the LimeSurvey programming more rapidly for our needs.
  • TMSWhite
More
12 years 2 days ago #76763 by TMSWhite
can you attach a screenshot of what you mean by this?

the issue is with the survey containing a blank question page (the 'equation' question type) with the current assessment total in the question area (and nothing else).

More
11 years 11 months ago #76892 by sequoia
Sure TMS, here you go:

Any 'Format' setting (i.e. group by group, question by question, etc.), same appearance.
  • TMSWhite
More
11 years 11 months ago #76895 by TMSWhite
sequoia-

To hide an equation, simply set the advanced question option "Always hide this question" to "Yes". The equation will still be computed (and the data saved), but the question will not appear. And, if it is the only question within a group, the group will not appear either.
More
11 years 11 months ago #76900 by sequoia
Thank you again TMS for your correspondence.

I've noted before that when I've turned visibility off (by doing as you posted with the 'Always Hide This Question') that the survey works as it should, both in hiding the question page and showing the complete (end) page accordingly. The issue with doing this is there was no db entry, and the email did not include that assessment total data from the now hidden page in the {ANSWERTABLE} layout in the message delivered.

I've went back and changed back to 'Yes' for the 'Always Hide This Question' option. Happy to say now there is a database entry, but still no assessment total in the {ANSWERTABLE} part of the email. BUT, what I have done is put in the subject entry (i.e. 'Detailed admin notification subject') the reference code (i.e. '{overallTotal.value}') and the assessment total/data is carried over to the delivered email that way.

I'm not sure why there was no database entry before (could upgrading to 1.92+ have something to do with it? I last tested with 1.91+ with hiding the question and no db entry for the hidden question was made). And I'm content that although the hidden page output was not included in the {ANSWERTABLE} layout of the email, having it in the email subject works fine.

Again thanks TMS and others before who posted support in this inquiry of mine.
More
11 years 11 months ago #76906 by sequoia
To add: By adding independently the assessment code (i.e. '{overallTotal.value}') into the email template body I can include the assessment total that way as well into the delivered email message.
More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #99862 by adamsurfari
Replied by adamsurfari on topic Saving Assessment scores to survey database
Hi all, thanks for this thread. very valuable.

I am currently trying to implement something similar to this thread.

My questionnaire is an IT programming questionnaire, where i have 20 multi-choice question, where each correct answer has a 5 point value.

I have the following issues right now. How can I send the answer by e-mail with the score per question and the calculated total score? Are the values for each question saved anywhere?

I am just starting with limesurvey and I have downloaded sequoia's example file. It would be nice to have an updated one with the fixes ;)

Is it possible, to output the following e-mail message or export it to excel.

--
Q1: 0 - What does private affect a variable?
Q2: 5 - What is the difference from "inner class" and class?
Q3: 0 - What is the difference from an abstract class and an interface?
Q4: 5 - What is the difference between HashMap and Map?
(...)
Q20: 5 - What is an applet?

Total Score: 65

---
Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by adamsurfari. Reason: aditiona details

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose