Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?

More
6 years 5 months ago #73242 by eadamuk
eadamuk created the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
Hi All,

I'm trying to use limesurvey as a simple job application site. I'd like to create one application form, but pass to it a variable in the query string when it first loads stating which job they are applying for- perhaps displaying that at the top of the form, and then passing it through with the results at the end.

Thanks,
Adam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #73244 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: eadamuk

More
6 years 5 months ago #73259 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
If you are able to manipulate the link leading to the survey, you can pas that information into a hidden question by URL (as linked above). If the question is placed at the first page of the survey, you can then use SGQA identifier at following questions/headlines to refer to that string.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: eadamuk

More
6 years 5 months ago #74560 by eadamuk
eadamuk replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
I'm having trouble getting this working. I've followed the instructions in the wiki but it doesn't seem to be pre-populating the results.

The URL I am calling is:
index.php?sid=84938&lang=en&84938X20X207=BL0001&84938X20X208=Head%20Dean%20(Principal)

My survey ID is 84938, question group 20, questions 207 and 208 which are a short free text type.

I assume I can pass strings to a text box, do I need to implement something else on the page?

Thanks

More
6 years 5 months ago #74574 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
Please post a link to the survey so we can check if you use the correct SGQA IDs.

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
6 years 4 months ago #74816 by eadamuk
eadamuk replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
Here is the URL link - i just have one page at the moment:
apply.belovedccs.org/index.php?sid=84938...20Dean%20(Principal)

Thanks,
Adam

More
6 years 4 months ago #74817 by TMSWhite
TMSWhite replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
Above and beyond any possible SGQA issues, there was a bug in 1.92 RC4 related to hidden parameters. It has been fixed. Details here: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5818

More
6 years 4 months ago #74818 by eadamuk
Thanks, I'm currently on Version 1.91+ Build 11379 - so I assume this isn't an issue.

More
6 years 4 months ago #74844 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
eadamuk, your survey is pre-populating correctly for me:

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #74849 by holch
holch replied the topic: Can I pass a parameter to a survey through a query string?
Same here. Just like in Tony's screenshot.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
6 years 4 months ago #74855 by eadamuk
Thank you!

I guess its an issue with my PC again. For some reason on this computer, and occasionally my work one I cannot see the survey's, or edit the templates.

I've contacted my ISP about the PHP security level, and they assure me that's not the issue, but that's the only thing I can think of as to my certain functionality is working on one PC and not another. Some sort of PHP security/firewall issue thats upset when I try and do certain admin commands and locks me out.

Has anyone come across similar issues? Should I be asking certain questions from my ISP?

More
6 years 4 months ago #74918 by Mazi

eadamuk wrote: I've contacted my ISP about the PHP security level, and they assure me that's not the issue, but that's the only thing I can think of as to my certain functionality is working on one PC and not another. Some sort of PHP security/firewall issue thats upset when I try and do certain admin commands and locks me out.

Has anyone come across similar issues? Should I be asking certain questions from my ISP?

Please upload a phpinfo file so we can take a look at your server configuration. Just put the following code into a file named phpinfo.php and upload it to your webserver:
< ?php phpinfo(); ? >
(Delete the spaces next to </> when copying the code.)
After uploading please post the link to the file.

Please create a new topic for different problems in the future!

Dr. Marcel Minke

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!