Online Registration System

More
6 years 7 months ago #66682 by helenroy
helenroy created the topic: Online Registration System
Hello,

My organization (public library) is thinking of using LimeSurvey as our Online Registration System. We would like to have members of the public self-register for events and programs. Are there any other organizations that use LimeSurvey for event registration? Any examples?

And also, some further questions about LimeSurvey's capabilities - is LimeSurvey able to:

1) support waitlists
2) produce confirmation forms, registrant lists & email reminders
3) support online payment
4) handle recurrent & multi-part events

Thanks you very much in advance!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #66688 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Online Registration System
Hi Helen,

Although, as you can tell from my number of posts, I am a bit of a LimeSurvey fan, I don't think it's the best tool for event registration/management. It is designed to collect data, not interact on an on-going basis with users.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
6 years 7 months ago #66689 by helenroy
helenroy replied the topic: Online Registration System
Hi Tony, thank you for your response. I had an an inkling that LimeSurvey wouldn't be a perfect tool for course registration - glad to have my suspicions confirmed.Cheers, Helen

More
6 years 7 months ago #66691 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Online Registration System
You're welcome but keep us in mind if you need to do a satisfaction survey of your course participants or something similar :)

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
5 years 10 months ago #82911 by bloggerken
bloggerken replied the topic: Online Registration System
I am implementing Limesurvey for a host of uses. While it is not "perfect", the right process design works well for certain applications. As a second generation system engineer with 30+ years of a number of designed/constructed/delivered systems, I would recommend persons looking at Limesurvey for various applications to consider their processes before concluding "fit". Some might disagree, but what I can say is, I've implemente a platform that is using Limesurvey for surveys, event registration, ordering paraphernalia (linked to PayPal), etc. And future expanded uses are on the dartboard.

THANKS TO THE LIMESURVEY TEAM!

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!