Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
  • Page:

TOPIC: Attaching follow-up to random questions

Attaching follow-up to random questions 5 years 3 months ago #64867

• barnaby1
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks. It was looking good until the last para:
When you preview the question (if all has been done correctly) you will see one of your videos randomly. If you refresh the preview it will randomly choose another. Note that random does not guarantee that consecutive loads will display a different video. You may get 2 or 3 or 4 of the same one in a row. Over a reasonable sample size, however, you should get a fairly even distribution.

I think this means that I can't guarantee all 12 different Qs will actually show. It looks like each Q will present a random 1 of the 12. Obviously the chances of it being all 12 are very slim.

But there might be something in it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Attaching follow-up to random questions 5 years 3 months ago #64868

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1477
I think you will need to use JavaScript to wrap each question/follow-up pair in a div and then randomize the display of those divs.

I'm on the road so can't give a snippet but searching the forum and workarounds should give some hints.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form