Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Filter report results for user based on question answer

More
5 years 6 months ago #64038 by Unifex
Hey all,

I have a client that has an established survey. He's wanting to give users (representatives from universities) access to the reports but only the survey results where the "Which University are you attending" matches the Uni that the user represents.

Is this currently possible out of the box?
If not, are there extensions that provide this?
If not, anyone want to provide time estimates for a competent developer who hasn't worked with LS before to develop an extension to do this? Take into account the learning curve getting up to speed with LS.

If the final condition is reached I see one of two things happening. Either the development of the extension myself or the company I work for may put the development out to tender.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #64040 by holch
As far as I know, this is not possible.

Problem is, that there is also no extension system, which means you would have to work on the core. Ideally you would provide this back so it can que included in LS, otherwise, you'll have trouble with each update.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unifex

More
5 years 6 months ago #64049 by Unifex
Excellent. That's the detail I was after. It's not the answer the client was after but it is an answer.

As for committing back; I live and breath OSS. :) Committing patches is a reflex action. :)

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form