Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!

Problems uploading token files in CSV-email list

More
5 years 7 months ago #63888 by mitch54
I have a user who is having problems uploading her token file. We recently upgraded from v.1.85 to v.1.91 and now she can't upload the CSV file for her e-mail addresses for the tokens. I tried it myself, from the file that she sent me, and this is the error message I am getting-
"Upload file not found. Check your permissions and path (/var/www/limesurvey/tmp/Round 2.csv) for the upload directory"
Any suggestions on how to get this working for her? It is crunch time for her thesis and the data is necessary to finish....thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #63895 by jelo
Which build are you using?

Is the path /tmp set with the correct permissions?

Can you upload e.g. a template? Or are there errors too?
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by jelo.

More
5 years 7 months ago #63917 by mitch54
We are using 1.91 right now. We were using 1.85 when she did this before. I'm not sure about the permissions....how do I check that? I haven't changed anything since we upgraded. Our systems guy did the actual upgrade-I just administer the survey. She tried using a raw text editor to see if Microsoft was using semi-colons but she said it was comma separated.

More
5 years 7 months ago #63921 by holch
The error message sounds like there is nothing wrong with the file, but with the permissions for the tmp folder. Ask your systems guy to check whether the folder /var/www/limesurvey/tmp/ is writeable.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitch54

More
5 years 7 months ago #64009 by mitch54
That worked!!! Thank you so much!!

Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form