Hide questions from printing?

More
6 years 3 days ago #61489 by bwoo5
bwoo5 created the topic: Hide questions from printing?
I have a survey where the first question has the user put in a code. Based on the code they put in I have a "text display question" show them who they are rating.
ex. code 1 = tom, code 2= me, code 3=bob

In the end when they print the answer, I do not want it to print out all 3 "text display questions".
Is there a way to hide certain questions from printing, or another way I can show them who they are rating?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #61498 by Ben_V
Ben_V replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
You have to know the code intertrans of the question or look into the source code to know the id of the question ex. id="XXX123456789"

After you have to edit the print_template.css file adding:
#XXX123456789 {display:none}
(remember: you can't edit LS original themes so you have to duplicate the template before )

That's all
Ben

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #61500 by bwoo5
bwoo5 replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
I am wanting to hide these in the print answers page. What is the quickest way to view the source code and find the id of these questions? And can i put the #XXX123456789 {display:none} anywhere in the print answers page code?

Thanks again =)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 days ago #61507 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
Question ID - docs.limesurvey.org/SGQA+identifier&stru...#General_Description

So, the rules in print_template.css would look something like:
#question1,
#question2,
#question3 {
	display: none;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72662 by bnorris
bnorris replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
I too would like to hide non chosen answers from printing at the end of the survey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72683 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
I don't think that is possible with CSS. It would require extensive modifications to printanswers.php.

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72690 by TMSWhite
TMSWhite replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
Irrelevant questions are not shown in print answers (at least in 1.92), but any question that is shown (relevant) is included so that people can see what was not answered. That isn't quite what you are asking, but it does reduce the size of print answers considerably.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72701 by bnorris
bnorris replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?

TMSWhite wrote: Irrelevant questions are not shown in print answers (at least in 1.92), but any question that is shown (relevant) is included so that people can see what was not answered. That isn't quite what you are asking, but it does reduce the size of print answers considerably.


I just installed from the site version 191 just a day or two ago. Also just did an update this morning but ALL of the questions show in the print survey, even ones not checked. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72726 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
bnorris, Tom was talking about the upcoming 1.92 version. This features doesn't yet exist at 1.91.
You can download 1.92 for testing here: sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/file...y_unstable/1.92_RC2/


Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)survey-consulting.com'"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72734 by bnorris
bnorris replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?

Mazi wrote: bnorris, Tom was talking about the upcoming 1.92 version. This features doesn't yet exist at 1.91.
You can download 1.92 for testing here: sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/file...y_unstable/1.92_RC2/


Is is fully functional? A beta?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72735 by TMSWhite
TMSWhite replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
Mazi-

Actually, bnorris will need to wait for 1.92 RC3. RC2 was still showing too many answers on the print answers page.

/Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72745 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?

bnorris wrote:

Mazi wrote: bnorris, Tom was talking about the upcoming 1.92 version. This features doesn't yet exist at 1.91.
You can download 1.92 for testing here: sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/file...y_unstable/1.92_RC2/


Is is fully functional? A beta?

It is a release candidate which doesn't run 100% stable yet (but we are getting there).


Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)survey-consulting.com'"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72757 by bnorris
bnorris replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?

Mazi wrote:

bnorris wrote:

Mazi wrote: bnorris, Tom was talking about the upcoming 1.92 version. This features doesn't yet exist at 1.91.
You can download 1.92 for testing here: sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/file...y_unstable/1.92_RC2/


Is is fully functional? A beta?

It is a release candidate which doesn't run 100% stable yet (but we are getting there).


Id be willing to beta if this print feature is part of it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72772 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?
We are always looking for a helping hand for testing new releases. Best is to wait for 1.92 RC3 and then give it a try.


Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Contact: marcel.minke(at)survey-consulting.com'"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #72774 by bnorris
bnorris replied the topic: Hide questions from printing?

Mazi wrote: We are always looking for a helping hand for testing new releases. Best is to wait for 1.92 RC3 and then give it a try.



I understand, Im actually a programmer. Downloading the beta now ill keep you posted

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now