Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Repeat a group of questions, e.g. in a house repeat questions for each person

• MikeFloyd
  • MikeFloyd's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58932 by MikeFloyd
questionaire for a house

answer question for how many people in house

repeat a person/individual questions group for each person

Can I do this with limesurvey?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
12 years 11 months ago #58940 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141687 by Tiger
I'm making a questionnaire similar to that in this discussion. There are 10 question groups (with different visual stimuli) and one array-type question (with 8 scales). I have two questions and wish some body can give me some suggestions:
  1. Could I assign the question to the 10 groups instead of copying to make 10 questions? It will be easier to maintain or update the contents if there is only one instance of the question.
  2. Is it possible to randomise the items in the array-type question? I wish to present them in different orders to avoid the effects in the participants' rating.
Thank you very much : )
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Tiger. Reason: edit two words
More
7 years 6 months ago #141695 by jelo

Tiger wrote: Could I assign the question to the 10 groups instead of copying to make 10 questions? It will be easier to maintain or update the contents if there is only one instance of the question.

What do you mean with "assign" then question? Since I don't know the structure of the survey I can only guess. Isn't it possible to show this question just after showing one of the ten groups? Isn't it the same question for all?

You can randomise order of answer items with an advanced option in many question types.
Watch out for "Random answer order".
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ar...r_.28random_order.29

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
7 years 6 months ago #141707 by Tiger
Thanks for your suggestion. I've found the setting to randomise the items. I'm making a survey such as following layout:

For each stimulus (question group), there will be the same array-type question shown (with randomised items) to collect the data. In Limesurvey, it seems that I need to add the question to each group. Therefore, I duplicated the question (with 10 copies separately) and add them to each group. My question is that could I have only one question which could be used for each group?
More
7 years 6 months ago #141712 by jelo

Tiger wrote: Therefore, I duplicated the question (with 10 copies separately) and add them to each group. My question is that could I have only one question which could be used for each group?

If the question is exactly the same for each of the ten groups, why don't you just position the question behind the groups?
If the question has to be displayed on the same page as one of the 10 groups you'll have to copy the question ten times.
No looping and no separation of logical and visual grouping in LimeSurvey. So it it copy and praying for no mistypes ;-)

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #141846 by Mazi

Tiger wrote: My question is that could I have only one question which could be used for each group?

Technically this isn't possible. Limesurvey stores all responses at a flat table (one data set per row, one question item per column) and that table structure is set up when activating the survey.
This setup doesn't allow looping existing questions so for such cases the only solution is to create X copies of the question. Using the copy-feature this should not be that difficult.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mazi.
  • holch
More
7 years 6 months ago #141865 by holch

Using the copy-feature this should not be that difficult.

As long as you have a finit number of iterations and can at least estimate it, of course. ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 6 months ago #141869 by jelo

holch wrote: As long as you have a finit number of iterations and can at least estimate it, of course. ;-)

Theese workarounds about copy paste are big time waster. If you can invest hours for that fine :-) But expectations are high. Nobody understands (beside Users of LimeSurvey) when a simple text correction needs hours instead of a minute.
There are no signs to make the data-structure more flexible to enable features like Looping or Live-editing of Surveystructure without deactivating. This thread is over five years old.

• holch
More
7 years 6 months ago #141872 by holch
exactly what I am saying. up 10 max iterations it might not be a big deal. Even text corrections should take more than 10 minutes there.

But of course, a looping feature would be great.

By the way, does the "mass change feature" exist now and has someone used it already?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose