Check out the LimeSurvey source code on GitHub!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

TOPIC: Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text

Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text 5 years 7 months ago #57549

• StuTheQ
  • Junior Lime
Hello,

First of all, as a newly-registered user of Limesurvey I would like to congratulate and thank all the Limesurvey team for this excellent tool!

(I would be happy to make a donation if somebody can give me an idea of the usual amount given - I've just set up my own language training activity so I have a limited budget but if I can contribute to the continued success of this project I will try to!).

At the moment, I'm just using the 1.90+ Demo installation to see what can be done (my survey is called "Language skills questionnaire").

Here is my question: is it possible to insert a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text in order to access examples to explain the question better? (writing these examples directly in the subquestion text - sometimes already long - will make the questionnaire much longer and "heavier" for the user)

For example, here is subquestion #3: "Welcome a visitor and make simple conversation Ex. journey, work, weather...". I would like to present "Ex. journey, work, weather..." via a mouseover/hover box to reduce the length of the subquestion text.

I have searched everywhere (I think!) in the Limesurvey User Manual and Forums (plus Google searches) but I haven't found a solution. I have very limited programming knowledge but show me where I can find suitable technical doc and I can learn very quickly!!

I hope my question is appropriate for this forum - thank you in advance for any help that you can give me!

Regards,

StuTheQ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text 5 years 7 months ago #57556

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1341
You can use some javascipt to do this.

For example, and quicly ...

I text questio:
This is the question ? 
<div class="dotips">This is the help</div>
And use some css like this one:
sixrevisions.com/css/css-only-tooltips/
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?).
A bug not reported is a bug not corrected. | Please, read the documentation | La doc en français à besoin de vous
The following user(s) said Thank You: StuTheQ

Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text 5 years 7 months ago #57568

• StuTheQ
  • Junior Lime
Dear Shnoulle,

Thank you for replying to my question so quickly - I appreciate it!

I'm now going to read your suggestions very carefully and see if I can implement the code successfully in my questionnaire this evening.

Thank you once again for your kind help!

Have a good evening! (with a little extra karma!!) ;)

Regards,

StuTheQ

Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text 3 years 3 months ago #97374

Hello Thank you for this topic. I am currently working on a survey that has a number of array (numbers, check box) questions. For one of them you cannot see the x scale (columns) options because of the number of options on the Y scale. I would like to add a mouse hover/over or repeat the titles of the columns half way down. (I am not sure where to find the css for a particular question and do not have any idea how edit a question within a particular survey). Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks in advance

Inserting a mouseover/hover box in array subquestion text 3 years 3 months ago #97411

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1407
Global Settings --> Presentation --> Repeating headings in array questions every X subquestions

- manual.limesurvey.org/Global_settings#Presentation
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds
Imprint                   Privacy policy         General Terms & Conditions         Revocation information and revocation form