How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?

More
6 years 3 months ago #57394 by rworsnop
rworsnop created the topic: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
Maybe it's just me...but I can't find a way to turn off emails. I still want responses going to the admin, but nothing to the respondents. Can I do this?:unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #57415 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
If you completely delete the confirmation email text, no emails will be sent.

To send some kind of notification to the admin you can enable emailing of survey results at the survey settings.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

More
6 years 2 hours ago - 6 years 2 hours ago #61343 by casperello
casperello replied the topic: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?

Mazi wrote: If you completely delete the confirmation email text, no emails will be sent.

Hi Mazi,
if I try to completely delete the confirmation email text, when I save the form, the text {ADMINNAME} is inserted automatically in the Confirmation email text box, and when submit a survey, email confirmation is sent anyway.
Version in production: limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642
any ideas?
Thank you.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 hours ago by casperello.

More
5 years 11 months ago #61945 by casperello
casperello replied the topic: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
...someone can help me about this problem?

More
5 years 11 months ago #61948 by fvillerot
fvillerot replied the topic: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
Hello, I had this problem too, I think there were a bug in this version 9642
Now, my site turn on Version 1.91 Build 10120, and the confirmation email isn't sent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: casperello

More
5 years 11 months ago #62004 by casperello
thanks a lot!
solved with last update! ;-)

More
5 years 5 months ago #70071 by MRH
MRH replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
I am on version 1.91+ (Build 11379) and it seems to me as if this problem is back – a confirmation is sent automatically and I did not find a button to disable this. Or did I overlook anything?

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #70077 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
Did you remove everything from the "Confirmation email" subject and "Confirmation email" subject boxes?

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by tpartner.

More
5 years 5 months ago #70087 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
I remember having talked about this issue some weeks before. Did we already implement this or fill an idea ticket?

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
5 years 5 months ago #70090 by tpartner
tpartner replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
I implemented it in 2.0+ - bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=5558

Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
5 years 5 months ago #70098 by Mazi
Mazi replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
Cool :-)

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
5 years 5 months ago #70106 by MRH
MRH replied the topic: Aw: Re: How do I disable the automated email confirmtion to visitors?
Thanks for your suggestion, tpartner, and for your bugfix implementation! :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #70107 by Mazi

MRH wrote: Thanks for your suggestion, tpartner, and for your bugfix implementation! :)

You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Dr. Marcel Minke

More
5 years 5 months ago #70112 by MRH

Mazi wrote:

MRH wrote: Thanks for your suggestion, tpartner, and for your bugfix implementation! :)

You're welcome!

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey [url=http://<a href='http://donate.limesurvey.org'>donate</a>.limesurvey.org/] please consider a donation to the team[/url] .

Done, no doubt you guys deserve more support. Hope you also enjoy my occasional website translations. :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #70119 by Mazi
Thanks for your support!

Dr. Marcel Minke

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now