Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses

• Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 1 week ago #132854 by Mazi
We have recently coded a custom export script which can be called using a certain link. At that link you can adjust the survey ID so it can be used for several surveys and within the script you can define the export format that should be used.
The script creates a simple "download responses" link the user can click and then the download starts.
That link can also be embedded e.g. at the confirmation or admin email.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: clj
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 10 months ago #135048 by first
Replied by first on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Dont we have any method in remote control api to read whole survey data of a specific respondent?

Survey Designer and Programmer
  • Mazi
More
7 years 10 months ago #135050 by Mazi
Such a function exists: "export_responses()" can use a from ID to ID condition.
-> api.limesurvey.org/classes/remotecontrol...hod_export_responses

Dr. Marcel Minke
The following user(s) said Thank You: first
More
7 years 10 months ago #135513 by clj

Mazi wrote: We have recently coded a custom export script which can be called using a certain link. At that link you can adjust the survey ID so it can be used for several surveys and within the script you can define the export format that should be used.
The script creates a simple "download responses" link the user can click and then the download starts.
That link can also be embedded e.g. at the confirmation or admin email.

Glad to see finally a simple solution for response automated export, where can we find this script?
  • Mazi
More
7 years 10 months ago #135517 by Mazi
This was custom coded for a customer back then so I can't share any code details. But using the Limesurvey API it should not be too difficult to develop something like that.

If there is a certain demand we may be able to re-code the custom script to provide a generic solution, maybe as a plugin.
If anyone is interested in this please let me know and share which Limesurvey version you are using.

Dr. Marcel Minke
More
7 years 10 months ago #135540 by clj
I think automated responses export is quit useful in case of responses data collect/analyse by a third application, this could be an important interface between LS and backend applications.
I'm actually trying to integrate every survey response automatically into another information system (pdf format required), i'm not familiar with api dev, could you please provide some code exemples or references for this case ?
LS version: 2.06
More
7 years 5 months ago #142059 by SCS01
Replied by SCS01 on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Hi Mazi,

I would be interested in a plugin for automated export of the responses. LS 2.06.

Regards,

Sake
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148680 by r0bis
Replied by r0bis on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Hi Mazi,

This would be a very important thing, I think. Think of distributed automated data collection units (e.g. on raspberrypi or other linux box). Not everywhere it is possible or even desirable to leave machine connected to internet. Periodic automated data dump in that situation can be quickly picked up and automated script run with R to analyse the data and produce an updated report. In my situation I am trying to develop a solution whereby LS would dump data once a week to a specific directory in a subdirectory named by export date. This directory would be synced to USB stick when it is plugged in (via rsync). It is a bit hard as I am not a programmer, so any pointers how to accomplish this would be great. What I could conceivably imagine is making a php script that is run from commandline via cron. I could make another script to sync to USB. But how to start using LS API for the php script - I would really appreciate some help. I am using latest limesurvey (2.5)

r0berts
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by r0bis. Reason: ls version
  • Mazi
More
7 years 1 month ago #148683 by Mazi
Hi Robis,

it is hard to provide any pointers on how to best code this since custom coding is always rather complex. We use a kind of framework for coding Limesurvey cronjobs (see e.g www.limesurvey-templates.com/limesurvey-...ob-scripts-c-29.html ) so if you are interested we could code an export cronjob pretty fast.
Just drop me a note at marcel.minke@survey-consulting.com if you are interested in a cost estimation.

Which export format are you looking for? Simple CSV?

Dr. Marcel Minke
The following user(s) said Thank You: r0bis
More
7 years 1 month ago #148692 by r0bis
Replied by r0bis on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Hi Mazi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I found the solution in the interim. As my goal is really to get data into R for further processing, there is a possibility to connect to the machine via crossover ethernet cable and then use JSON-RPC interface. Limer R library does this very well github.com/cloudyr/limer I tested this on my VM setup and it works beautifully.
For a case of pulling data off isolated machines this is even better than working with transferring data via USB stick. I can have many lime machines and one laptop to walk around and pull data off the machines. Process would remain much the same when/if those machines would be connected to network. It is absolutely great; limeR has simplified the process of getting data into R straight from Limesurvey.

r0berts
More
7 years 1 month ago #148726 by makza
Replied by makza on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Hi , I'm new beginning for this site recommend I thank you for everything
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #164844 by anap_evaluation
Replied by anap_evaluation on topic Automating Export of Limesurvey Responses
Hi Mazi,

I would be interested too in a plugin for automated export of the responses. LS Version 2.73.1 (saas mode)

Regards,

Sake

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose